Pages

February 28, 2009

short story

Yesterday a friend of mine told me a short story which she has just experienced in a bookstore. The story is..

"I was accompanying my little sister who was searching for a book of exercises for the upcoming national exam (for junior high school). While she was searching, there was a girl, quite the same age with my little sister, wearing big sandals that not suitable with her and quite dirty outfit, holding a baby which looks like her sister.

It was so contrast, while my little sister was being confused of choosing the book, that girl was, obviously, writing the exercises. My mother then asked the girl, 'Which book you want? Let me buy it for you.' But the girl kept refusing, even though my mother kept repeating the question in different ways."

...touching.

I don't know whether it's about her pride that she kept refusing the offer. This world is big, isn't it? There are still poor people like that little girl, writing exercises from a book because she can't buy it, while there are still people like me who has a book but not doing much with it.