Pages

May 24, 2009

Universe

The universe always amazes me, makes me feel so tiny, little, incapable of doing anything, compared to the Creator of this universe I'm living in, God. I'm not going to talk about religion here, it's just I have just realized that I had missed so many things, and I did many things quite ungrateful.

Compared to the big big universe, humans are just... small. The world would still rolling no matter which person died, however important that person was to the world. Take the example Thomas A. Edison, the person who brings light to people's nights, he had invented a great thing, brought great impact to the world, but when he died, people might feel blue for times but then, it's it. World keeps rolling.

Lately I feel the night sometimes offer me many miraculous things to discover.. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night or at an early dawn, see the sky (which was not bright, most covered with the polution), and then I wondered, where was the end of that sky? Would it be some kind of ceiling, so when we somehow climb and climb the sky we could barely touch it? Then if it were ceiling, would it still be a roof at the upper side of it? And if there were roof, wouldn't it mean there were still another sky upon it?

It's confusing but still, it's amazing. I wonder what could we find at the end of the sky. Studying the universe is much more difficult than studying another thing, microbe or virus for example. I'm not saying that studying those things are easy, but just grasp this point of view. When we are studying something, we should take a look at the outer first, then we try to understand what's inside, right? But trying to understand the universe is different. We are inside the universe, so we learn it from the inside first, then we try to take a peek out of it. It's harder, right? It's like ant trying to learn human's life.

The planets, the galaxies, the stars, the comet, the moon, the sun. They are what we know so far and there are still lots to discover but just the fact that they truly exist has amazed me, to much extent.

2 chatters:

Santhy said...

maybe there is no end of sky, but who knows?

Rifda said...

yeaah, who knows but I want to knowwwww haha